Join Us June 12 - July 18* for a 5-Week Installer Training Class in Jenison, MI
To learn more about the class fill out the form below
LETS GET STARTED
If you’re looking for a career opportunity where you can WORK WITH YOUR HANDS , see the results of your work, and MAKE A SUBSTANTIAL SALARY, you’re in the right place.
We’re here to help you get trained, provide financial assistance through our scholarship program for the class and find work.
What will i learn?
The class will be broken into percentages. 20% will be dedicated to demonstrations and lectures. 80% will be dedicated to hands-on skill training. See what you will be learning in each section below.
- Business skills
- Carpet construction and use of types of carpet in various settings
- Backing construction and the importance this plays in the role of installation
- Identifying problems and what type of corrective measures are to be followed
- Proper use of cushion
- Various applications of installation
- Proper tools and the correct use of the equipment
- Carpet installations of
- Stretch-in over cushion with tackstrip
- Glue-direct installation
- Correct powerstretching techniques
- Pattern alignment
- Correct use of tools such as;
- Powerstretcher – Restretcher – Deadman
- Seaming iron
- Advanced seaming techniques and carpet seam preparation
- Stair upholstery
- Proper placement of tackstrip
- Transitions and placement requirements
- Substrate preparation
Carpet Install Manual
The class will include a CFI Installation Training Manual. It covers in detail all subjects that are pertinent for the course. See what it covers below.
- Residential and Commercial Marketplace
- Floor Covering Installer Professionalism
- Subcontracting with Retailer Relationship
- Customer Satisfaction
- Carpet Construction – Identifying types, textures and materials
- Carpet Cushion – Identifying types and proper application
- Installation Tools and Equipment
- Planning, Measuring and Estimating
- Substrate Preparation for various types of installation applications
- Seam Preparation and Construction
- Tackstrip Installation - Transitions
- Powerstretching Techniques
- Stair Upholstery on various types of step construction
- Pattern Alignment Techniques and Objectives
You may not have thought much about the floors you walk on every day. Learn about the types of flooring and more.
FIND YOUR PATH
Want to know what a typical flooring craftsman career path looks like? Let us be your guide.
Ready to get started with your training? Apply today for an FCEF scholarship to help cover the cost.
GET UP, GET OUT. TRADE UP!
Learn why you should consider a career in flooring installation. Watch the video to the right/
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CLASS
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you shortly.
*There will be an extended weekend break for 4th of July.